Think Outside the Box

Think Outside the Box

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Characteristics of Stars


Same Old Notes - More Interesting Format

This one is for Stacey, as she journeys to outer space immediately following nature of science.  I've used the following to make the standard notes on the characteristics of stars a little more interesting. 

The photos aren't great, I was snapping away as I came across them during my room setup. 


In a different school year, I had more time for the kids to cut and be creative, so I had them make this "foldable".  However, they FREAKED OUT because their stars were not perfect... if you have  a lot of type A students, maybe have a printable they can cut out.









With my honors kids, late in the school year, all I had to do was give them the topics and the foldable.  With my standard kids, earlier in the year, I'd do a lot more guiding.

How have you made boring notes seem more interesting?  Leave me a note in the comments.




 - TeachersPayTeachers.com

1 comment: