Think Outside the Box

Think Outside the Box

Monday, August 10, 2015

Its Going to Be a Great Year

A HUGE THANK YOU!



Tomorrow is the first day of school, and I'm more excited than usual.  I'm starting at a new school, in a new grade (high school!), and its all very... new.

I've been researching and planning all summer, getting ready to make the transition from 8th grade to 9th grade.  I've spent many days in the school supply aisle drooling over the best gel pens and mechanical pencils with refillable erasers.  I've spent the last week working in my classroom, making copies, planning lessons, and learning how to work my new interactive whiteboard.  I submitted my lesson plans a week early.  I set up my grade book, printed my class lists, and laminated my salvaged DNA borders (who would toss such amazing things?!?).

Now I'm READY.  Let's just get this show on the road already!


I'm sure the day won't go perfectly.  First days weeks never do; they don't go exactly as planned.  Somewhere between "Characteristics of Living Things" and the Heartbeat Lab, I'm sure there will be grade level assemblies that take up half a day, and possibly an unplanned fire drill as the first hooligan establishes their place in the high school ecosystem.

But, I'm SO ready!  I'm excited to meet my kids, to get to put on my show, to start empowering and exciting a new group.  And I'm so lucky because I get to start the year celebrating.  I know this is going to be an exceptional school year!

Happy Back to School!

Leave a note in the comments.



 - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment